RASA LSI with Central Dogma organizing Industrial Short term training
This summer get expertise in Molecular Biology Techniques and Bio-informatics
The primary goal of this program in this field is to educate students for jobs in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and related industry sectors. The curriculum is extremely flexible, allowing for dual majors with several other disciplines. Revolutions in biotechnology and information technology are changing the world.This program will make you understand basics of bioinformatic application in molecular biology with extensive hands on molecular laboratory work
Hands on training in molecular biology with a concentration in bioinformatics may attract those desiring an M.S. degree before proceeding to professional study in medicine or a doctoral program.
Industrial Training Features
- Training in an industrial environment provides the trainees with the opportunity to develop a problem solving attitude and to have an insight into the functioning of the department.
- It will help to meet corporate/research need to get hire easily.
- Latest knowledge of industry, Field, 90% hands on training exposure to research or corporate.
- An exposure to the working environment of a commercial organization will give them an integrated view of its operations.
- All the trainings are totally practical oriented.
- Quality Training with small batches, personal attention,library Facility.
- Certificate will be provided for respective training.
Click Here To See RASA Placement Record
Fundamental Techniques in Genomics and Proteomics
Week 1 & 2:Bioinformatics
- Introduction to bioinformatics and Databases
- Definition of Bioinformatics, databases
- Introduction to NCBI, EMBL and DDBJ, Protein databases (primary, composite and secondary)
- Generation of large scale molecular biology data
- Applications of Bioinformatics – Sequencing, NMR Spectroscopy, X – ray, Gel electrophoresis)
- Introduction to dynamic programming and sequence alignment
- Pairwise sequence alignment (BLAST and FASTA)
- Multiple sequence alignment (ClustalW)
- Concept of homology, similarity, identity, orthologues and paralogues
- Designing primers using Primer BLAST for PCR
- Mapping of restriction enzyme and enzyme cutting using Restriction Mapper tool
- Generating primer map and enzyme map using Sequence extractor
- Designing vector using insilico techniques
- Introduction to protein databases, cleaning and downloading of protein structure
- Protein visualization using Discovery Studio and SPDBV
Week 3 & 4: Molecular Biology
- Plasmid DNA (vector) isolation from bacterial culture, Agarose gel electrophoresis (Casting the gel, Loading).
- Plasmid mapping using multiple restriction enzymes, Agarose gel electrophoresis.
- Theory on PCR and Primer design for PCR, Gene amplification by Polymerase chain reaction, Agarose gel electrophoresis to check gene amplification
- Competent cell preparation (Bacterial host), Transformation of competent cells with expression vector carrying specific gene, Plating the transformants on the LB agar +Amp plates and overnight incubation
- Colony PCR analysis of transformants
- Growth curve of bacterial host and bacterial host carrying plasmid (Spectrophotometric analysis)
- Casting a polyacryalamide gel and
- Protein sample preparation and gel loading, Electrophoresis and Staining the gel with Coomasie Blue for visualization of proteins.
Who can apply ?
Through appropriate elective selection, students planning careers as molecular biologists with a computational background or as fully trained computer scientists with a knowledge of biological sciences can adapt the program to their needs. There are extensive opportunities to pursue undergraduate research in faculty laboratories. The bioinformatics and molecular biology program also serves as an excellent premedical curriculum.
Deadline for Registration:
Term And Conditions:
- Fees are likely to change every two months.
- Fees are non transferrable & non refundable in any case.